Thoughts, ideas and random stuff from Talliestar.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Family news and a VERY long meme

Family news! My half brother Dan (he's 29) has got engaged! He's been with his girlfriend, Ruth, for like eight years, so it's about time! Anyway, it's really exciting, and now there's a wedding to look forward to! Yay!

Also, my cousin Philip and his wife Alice have given birth to their third child! They already have Bethany and Otto (see my posts after Christmas for photos) who are both unbelievably cute. And now they have a little sister! She was born at 2.28am this morning. No name as of yet, but my cousin Shusha said they were thinking of Eliza or Elsa. Now here's the weird part. All today I had been thinking about Philip and Alice and how they were due very soon, and then my dad told me the baby was born! And also, I was watching Comic Relief on Friday and they ahd a piece about a girl called Elsa. Me, with my weird interest in names, thought 'that's a really nice name' and the name Elsa had kind of been on my mind all weekend. I was going to add it to my favourite names' list (yes, I have one. Let's not get into that now.) at some point. Then I find out that Philip and Alice were considering Elsa for the new baby! And I had never really given the name a second thought until this weekend. Freaky....

Anyway, here's a meme, we haven't had one for a while, I feel. Beware, it's incredibly long.



How many keys are on your keychain?
6… I live in two different houses

Do you own an iPod?
No, just an MP3 player

What time is your alarm clock set for?
Um…. I don’t really use one. But it would be set for 7.30

How many suitcases do you own?
1?

Do you wear flip-flops even when it's cold outside?
No

Where do you buy your groceries from?
Sainsbury’s or Tesco

Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
Take the picture. I always look terrible in photos, plus I like photography.

What was the last movie you watched?
Erm… The Last Kiss on DVD

Do any of your friends have children?
No… they’re all like 15 and 16. Which doesn’t mean they couldn’t, I know some people that age do get pregnant, but not us.

If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you would buy?
The complete boxset of all the ‘Friends’ episodes!

Has anyone ever called you lazy?
Yes

Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster?
No. I have taken a sleeping pill several times but not usually. Oh, my dad used to give me this herbal drink when I was younger, which was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever tasted in my whole life!

What CD is currently in your CD player?
The soundtrack to Miss Saigon. I lost ti for several months and just found it, so now I’m listening to it loads.

Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
Regular I guess. I’ve never really tried chocolate milk. Sounds nice though…

Has anyone told you a secret this week?
I don’t think so

What did you have for dinner?
Sausage and mash, classic!

Do you wear hoodies often?
Yes

Can you whistle?
Yes, but not with the whole two fingers in the mouth thing, and not through my teeth.

Have you ever participated in a protest?
Not really. I helped campaign to save a local cinema when I was younger, but that’s about it.

Who was the last person to call you?
My dad... exciting!

What is your favorite ride at an amusement park?
Rollercoaster. But not the really scary ones, just the nice moderate ones.

Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
A bit, I mean, I go to a girls’ school, things get kinda bitchy.

What area code are you in right now?
That’s private!

Did you watch cartoons as a child?
No, I didn’t like cartoons.

How big is your local mall?
Um… normal mall size?

How many siblings do you have?
One older brother and one older half brother.

Are you shy around the opposite sex?
Not really

Have you ever had Jamba Juice?
Yeah… it was mentioned on The O.C. once I think.

When was the last time you laughed so hard your sides hurt?
Maybe at drama this week… or in French on Friday, we were laughing pretty hard then.

What movie do you know every line to?
The Parent Trap!

Do you own any band t-shirts?
No

When was your last plane ride?
Coming back from Amsterdam in December.

Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
Laptop, though I do use my parents’ desktops.

Which do you make: wishes or plans?
Both

Are you always trying to learn new things?
I guess

Do you shower on a daily basis?
Pretty much

Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
I want my ears pierced since I’m 16 and haven’t got round to doing it yet! But I will, soon. I don’t want any tattoos.

Do you believe that the guy should pay on the first date?
Yes, I’m traditional like that.

Can you skip rocks?
Does that mean skim stones? Sometimes, but I’m not very good.

Have you ever been to Jamaica?
No

What to snack on at the movie theatres?
Revels or popcorn (the sweet kind, not salty)

Who was your favorite teacher?
I’ve had lots over the years. Ask me in ten years time.

Have you ever dated someone out of your race?
No

What is the weather like?
Cold and windy. And snowing a bit!

Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
No, I don’t like tattoos.

Do you have an online journal?
Um… take a look around.

What was your favorite class in high school?
Drama, well, still is.

Do you enjoy traveling via airplanes?
Yes, if there is good entertainment!

What personality trait is a must-have in the opposite sex?
Sense of humour and kindness

When was the last time you slept on the floor?
I actually can’t remember… must have been a while ago.

Does your closest Starbucks have a drive-thru?
No… do I didn’t know drive-thru Starbucks existed.

Do you like your living arrangement?
It’s OK, apart from the whole switching houses thing every couple of days, but I’m used to that.

What is your mother's hometown?
Durban, in South Africa

How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
Very few actually. I can be perfectly fine after only two or three hurs of sleep.

Do you eat breakfast daily?
Yeah, but not always in the holidays as I get up too late!

What was the last thing to scare you?
I honestly can’t remember. I don’t get scared very often, and I don’t watch many scary films/TV shows.

Are your days full and fast-paced?
On school days they’re pretty busy. On the weekends and the holidays I do nothing!

Did you ever get in trouble for talking in class?
Yes, I’ve been told to be quiet several times but nothing serious.

What is your favorite fruit?
Apples, blackberries, strawberries, grapes….

Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?
Nope

How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
17! Shit!

Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Unbelievably picky. I’m always correcting my friends’ writing. I should become a proof reader when I’m older.

Do you believe in life on other planets?
I’m not sure.

Have you ever been to Six Flags?
No… we don’t have that here. Now it is just the one theme park or many? I never know.

Who was the last person to piss you off?
My mum

Do you believe that God has a gender?
A don’t believe in God

What was the last thing you ate?
A mini Magnum ice cream

Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?
Probably the same sex because I’m more used to them, going to an all-girls school and stuff.

What did you dress up as for your first Halloween?
Can’t remember. Probably something incredibly boring, like a witch.


How did your parents pick your name?
Well, my first name (Sophie) my brother chose the day after I was born, because he liked a girl at his nursery school called Sophie. My middle name (Natalia), because my grandmother was called Natalia, also because my Mum grew up in Natal, a province of South Africa. But then when I was 2 my parents decided they didn’t like Sophie, so now I’m called Natalia.

Do you like mustard?
Noooo

Would you ever sky dive?
Maybe, if I was feeling adventurous.

Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back?
Tummy, but I always wake up on my back.

What character from a movie most reminds you of yourself?
I’ve yet to encounter a character as witty and beautiful as me…… joke!

Have you ever bid for something on ebay?
No, but my dad has.

Do you enjoy giving hugs?
Yes.

Would you consider yourself to be fashionable?
I’m kind of nondescript in my clothing. I generally keep it simple.

Do you own a digital camera?
Yes, it’s very cool and nifty.

If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?
A lot more interested in dating them!!

What celebrities have you been compared to?
When I was about 7 someone told me I looked just like Joey from Dawson’s Creek…. But now I actually know who Katie Holmes is, and I don’t think I look like her.

Who is your favorite Star Wars character?
Star Wars is a phenomenon that has quietly passed me by…

Does it annoy you when someone says they'll call but never do?
I don’t think that has ever happened to me.

What books, if any, have made you cry?
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants…. when Bailey dies!

Do you think you're attractive?
Not really, no. I’m not grotesquely deformed but I’m not particularly attractive.

What are you allergic to?
Officially, nothing, but I always get sick when I eat prawns, so…

Are you a jealous person?
Sometimes.

What's your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?
It should be between two people who love each other, not just something fun to pass the time.

Do you ever feel guilty after eating meat?
Nope.

If you were born the opposite sex, what would your name have been?
Julian apparently…. Thank God I was born a girl!


My God, that really was long! I really should be going to bed now.

Bye!

Tallie xxx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TALLIE. U NEED TO GET A LIFE AND STOP FILLING IN THOSE IMMENSLY LONG MEMES. FULL STOP. BYE. SEE YOU IN PHYSICS TOMMOROW. CRAP CAPS LOCK IS JAMMED. X

2:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyyyyyyyyyy tall, how was your oral? mine was fantastic....i started telling her how i smelt awfulinstead of how i felt awful*embarrased smile* but its not my fault, the two words are basically the same. Anyway see you tommmmmmmmmmmooooooooorrrrrrroooooooowwwwwwwwwwww yay joy and all. xx

7:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home