Thoughts, ideas and random stuff from Talliestar.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A post on religion

I mentioned the movie 'Jesus Camp' yesterday. And although I couldn't manage to get the trailer on here (Blogger is so fussy with html codes!) you can watch it here: http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/

It's freaky, right?

I am an athiest, as everyone who knows me knows. I've been doing a little research, and did you know that George Bush (senior, I think) said "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.” And this is/was the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Christ! (no pun intented.)

Anyway, did you also know that Christians make up 75% of the American population and 75% of the prison population. Athiests make up 10% of the American population, and only 0.2% of the prison population. Ha! That makes me so happy. Also, did you know that the higher a person's intelligence, the more likely they are to be an athiest. That also makes me happy.

Yet another fact: according to a study of divorce rates by some Christian scientist, born again Christians are 27% likely to get divorced, mainstream Protestants 24% likely, and athiests and agnostics 21% likely. Oh yeah!

Not that Christians are bad, or wrong or anything (with the exception of those freaks in Jesus Camp) but I'm proud to be an athiest. Carl Sagan (whoever he may be) said "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Anyway, I'd better go, but I want comments, you hear me??? COMMENT!

Tallie xxx

3 Comments:

Blogger Livvie said...

alrighty then sweetheart. Comment comment. interesting atheist facts btw. where did you get them? apologies for crap spelloing and punctuation, im all englished out.

1:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay tal no need to yell.but it did get me to comment, so i guess your little tactic worked. yum im eating a very scrummy cake which i just made woooo and i just found out my cat likes cheese :) yay that makes two of us hehe. i shall see thou tommorowst for a very excitingst dayst of physicst.but now i must toodle off and watch traffic cops oh how thrilling. see u tomoro xxxxxxxx

2:34 PM

 
Blogger talliestar said...

I got the facts from a video on youtube. I can't remember how I found it but type in 'athiesm' on youtube and you'll probably find it. It's really interesting.

5:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home