Thoughts, ideas and random stuff from Talliestar.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Oprah and stuff

This is nice. I found it on IMDb (where else?).

"Media mogul Oprah is set to give South Africa a huge financial and tourism boost at the beginning of 2007 by planning an exclusive New Year's Eve party there. According to Winfrey insiders, the talk show queen is inviting 100 of her closest celebrity pals to ring in 2007 with her and Nelson Mandela in South Africa. The star-studded party, which is likely to include Julia Roberts, John Travolta and Kirstie Alley, will serve as a precursor to the official launch of Winfrey's new South African girls school, which she'll reportedly open on January 2. According to American publication In Touch, Winfrey has instructed her pals just to pay for their flights. A source says, "Oprah will take care of everything else."

That'll give South Africa quite a bit of media coverage. Not sure whether that's a good or bad thing, but whatever. It didn't say where the big party would be, but I guess it'll be Johannesburg or Cape Town.

I'll be watching The Crucible tonight while babysitting, so I'll do a review of that sometime. We watched the first bit of the film in Drama and I wanted to watch the rest so I've rented it. I just hope little Thomas (aged 11 months) doesn't wake up. But he's usually quite good. He's really cute, too.

Ugh. I have to finish my English essay. It's due in tomorrow. Crap.

Talliestar xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home