Thoughts, ideas and random stuff from Talliestar.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Ghost Whisperer

You may have noticed Ghost Whisperer has been up on my list of stuff I'm watching/reading/listening to for some months now, but I rarely talk about it because I don't know anyone else who watches it. But I don't care, I'm going to talk about it now, and maybe it will encourage some of you to start watching it.

Ghost Whisperer is a TV show about a young woman (well, probably in her late-20s, early 30s-ish) called Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) who has the ability to see and talk to ghosts, the ones who have not 'crossed over' becasue they have unfinished business with the living. Melinda lives in a small town in New England with her husband Jim, a paramedic, and owns an antiques store with her best friend Andrea (played by the woman who played Charlie from Friends!!!). Anyway, every episode is about a particular ghost who has a particular problem and Melinda helps them by liaising (liasing? liaising? no idea) between the ghost and their still living family/partner/friend.

It is all a lot like the Mediator series by Meg Cabot. In fact the whole premise is pretty much the same, just with a different main character in a different setting. Anyway.

I absolutely love this show. I really do. It nicely fills the Tuesday evening gap that The O.C. has left. It is very well-made, and though I suppose it can be a bit sentimental at times, it's American and you have to expect that. I don't mind it anyway. It's pretty tense and exciting at times, what with all the hauntings and such, but it's also really sweet and, on occasion, quite funny. Last week's episode especially was excellent. There are only two more episodes in the series, and I really hope that E4 will broadcast the second series as well.

If you do not watch this show, or do not care about it, I'm sorry, since this will have been a very boring post. But whatever. I don't care.

Tallie xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home