Thoughts, ideas and random stuff from Talliestar.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Cornwall, reflections and looking ahead

By jove,it's a long time since I've blogged. But with good reason - I have been staying in the Cornish countryside without modern conveniences such as a computer or cable TV. We were staying in the cottage next door to my old nanny, whom I have known since I was three months old, and who has just had a baby of her own - Samuel. He was born the Tuesday before last and was ten days overdue, so he was a very big baby - 9 pounds, 7 ounces. Most babies are about 7 pounds. I think I was 8 pounds 13 ounces. Anyway, Suzanne (his mum) had a difficult birth and had to go into surgery straight afterwards which can't have been too pleasant, but she's OK now. Unfortunately Sam got jaundice and so they've been having to take him into the hospital every day or so. He's really cute, though! I thought he would be this really big baby but he's not, he's tiny! So adorable.

Anyhoo, onto other stuff. I saw The Last Kiss yesterday! Finally! I was going to see it last Friday after school but the traffic was really bad so we wouldn't have made it on time. And, Cornwall being not exactly the film centre of England, it wasn't being shown at any of the local cinemas down there, so I had to wait until I got back. I'll do a review at Lights, Camera, Action! very soon.

Urgh, I have to go back to school on Wednesday and I haven't even started ANY of my homework, of which I have a lot, including an extremely important English essay on 'Of Mice and Men'. Crap.

As it's half term, which, no prizes for guessing, means we're half way through the term, I thought I would reflect back on my first half term of Year 11, and see what memories stood out for me.

- Going to Alton Towers
- A LOT of work
- Hot chocolate at breaktimes
- The world-record conker thing
- School play rehearsals (plenty more of them to come!)
- No time to do anything

Yeah, that's about it. And this next half term is going to be even busier. I have at least 8 hours of rehearsals every weekend until the performance of the play (on the 6th, 7th and 8th December). AAAH! How am I going to keep up with my schoolwork? I dread to think.

Plus, the time before Christmas is always uber-busy, what with the Carol Service and.... erm... actually that's about it, but for some reason it always seems busy.

Well, this has been a fairly long and rather rambling post, and I apologise. I should go and do some homework. Yeah, right, like that's going to happen.

Tallie xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home