Thoughts, ideas and random stuff from Talliestar.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

More upsetting news

Firstly, I'm sorry I haven't been blogging much lately. Things have been crazy busy recently, the same goes for pretty much everyone around me, too.

Secondly, why are all my favourite celebrity couples breaking up? First Reese and Ryan and now.... wait for it... Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson! Nooooo! They are like the perfect couple! It's not 100% certain, but Rachel Bilson is rumoured to have fallen for The Last Kiss co-star Zach Braff. Now This could be worse - I mean the stars from two of my favourite shows getting together... but Adam and Rachel were so perfect for each other! Well, on screen they were anyway. I don't know what they're like in real life. But still.

My school play, Sweet Charity, is tomorrow. I don't know if I've already mentioned this, but I am a stage manager for it. It is incredibly stressful and a lot of hard work, plus you don't get the fun and glory of performing on stage. Not entirely sure if I'll do it again next year. But anyway, our first performance is tomorrow night and I'm just hoping and praying that it will all go OK. We had a pretty crappy dress rehearsal, but that usually means the irst night will go well, right? Right?

Oh, I almost forgot. I saw the musical Wicked in London last Saturday! It was absolutely amazing and I was so happy that we had Idina Menzel as the lead (can't remember how much I've said about Idina Menzel on here. I'll save my ramblings about her for another post). The sets and costumes and lighting and everything were incredible! I've never seen a production as visually stunning as this. I bought this sweatshirt - http://www.wickedmerch.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=HOOD-GREY and also the novel the musical is based on, which I can read over Christmas.

Having checked over all my posts for the mast few months, I realise I've hardly mentioned Wicked at all. Anyway, it (along with Rent of course) is my latest obsession. And I highly HIGHLY recommend you go here - www.wicked.lastminuteliving.com and read the wonderful Martin Ball's blog about Wicked. He is in it and has been writing about it from the very first rehearsal. There are also videos of people backstage and stuff, and one (the second most recent post) is a kind of trailer for the production. You should read everything, right from the start though, so go back and begin at the August posts. Not only are the posts very informative but they are hilarious. So go there. Now. I mean it. Go! WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?????

Tallie xxx

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

I hope the play went well!!! Congratulations on Stage Managing it, it can be a thankless and fame-free job but only those whom are highly skilled and talented can do it! I used to SM in the past, but alas I am no longer involved in theatre. But, there is nothing like calling a show, its one of the most exciting and nervewracking things in the world.

I'm sure you did an excellent job!!

10:20 AM

 
Blogger talliestar said...

Thanks Shannon! All went well, but now I'm very sad it's over!

11:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home